23 October 2017

THE 4 WINTER HANDBAG ESSENTIALS YOU NEED TO SURVIVE


Definitely feeling the cold breeze now. I can't believe it's nearly November already? Before we know it, it will be the end of 2017 and we will be saying hello to 2018. With the cold weather comes many joys and many not so joyous aspects too. But being the ever so prepared individual, I already have my bag packed with all the handbag essentials to survive this cold weather.

I don't really like carrying big handbags, I am one of those people that will end carrying their whole house if I could. The shoulder pain is not a good thing either. I am trying more and more to leave my big bags at home and just carry a small bag. As space is limited, only the essentials make into the bag. I have swapped out my current portable beauty stash for a more compacted only winter essentials stash.

I always, always carry a hand cream, it's weird to find me without a hand cream on hand (that is not just me right, hand cream is at the top of the winter handbag essentials list). I am quite obsessive with moisturising my hands, I have an undiagnosed issue and I find myself frequently moisturising my hands. I have swapped my regular hand cream for this mini Soap & Glory The Righteous Body Butter. It's perfect for the winter, it provides an instant injection of moisture. Even though it's described as a body butter, I find that it absorbs into the skin easily. So you are not sitting there trying to vigourously rib the cream into my skin. I might be the only person but I find the scent a little overpowering and it's great for me especially that it doesn't linger around. However, I might be just very weird because a lot of people LOVE the original Soap & Glory scent.

As well as dry hands, the bane of my life during the winter months is dry lips but lucky I have discovered the best ever lip balm taking it straight to my winter handbag essentials list. The Ermana Refresh Lip Balm* has been keeping my lips in check, a rich blend of natural butters which work to soothe, plump and hydrate even the sorest of chapped lips. Of course, I have to have some lipsticks, they are just a necessity. I usually have more but, I have managed to restrain myself and just carry around two with me in this bag. You have to have an everyday nude, the perfect my lips but better colour. The best thing about a 'my lips but better colour' is that you can just slap it on without a mirror and can guarantee to get near perfect application almost every time. This Burberry Kisses lipstick in Sepia is a brown toned pink which adds some warmth to my complexion which is great especially as the colder weather can make me look a little on the paler side.

I always carry some sort of bold lipstick, and as it is the colder season my go-to bold lipstick is the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in 107 (obviously). You never know when, you need to spruce up your makeup, and a bold berry lipstick instantly takes your make up look from super casual to glam making it a winter handbag essential. I carry this one with me because this is one of those colours that looks great on everyone and it's pretty much foolproof in terms of how pretty it will look.

Let me know what your winter handbag essentials are.

Zeynab x

While you are here, it's definitely worth checking out my post on truth behind beauty blogging.

No comments :

Post a Comment