12 September 2017

HOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR SUMMER FACE LAST LONGER: FRAGRANCE DIRECT TRANSITIONAL BEAUTY HAUL

Mars Guerlian bronzer summer makeup look transitional beauty haul

Summer is quickly slipping from our grasps. We are well and truly into that weird transitional stage, where the sun can be shining one moment and the next its full blown winter. I am trying to hang to the last reminiscence of summer. Picture the ultimate summer bronze goddess, that is the look I am going for. 


autumn beauty summer bronze goddess look



Radiance is essential to the summer face. In a bid to cling to summer a little longer, I have ordered a couple of products that are paramount to recreating that summer look.

Fragrance Direct is no stranger to all beauty lovers. It's the ultimate destination for discounted beauty products.

Nars The Multiple in G-Spot*:
I picked up this shade because I think that it will work really nice as a transitional colour into the autumn. It's a beautiful natural rose blush with plum undertones. With a subtle gold shimmer. The creamy consistency makes for easy application, it blends effortlessly into the skin leaving a natural flush of colour with a hint of a golden sheen (plus it doesn't dry down to a powder finish). I have also been applying a little across the bridge of my nose, for that, I have just gotten out of the sun look (and just a little burnt lol). Even with the creamy consistency, I will say that it lasted pretty well and wears well.

It's marketed as multi-tasking product, I will admit I haven't used it anywhere else. I think that it would look really pretty on the eye lids. Definitely, a product that I would take away with me on holiday because of the convenience.

summer easy lok transitional makeup products


Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder* :
If you know, you know. This bronzer is amazing, it's not hyped up for no reason, I will tell you that for free. I didn't want to give in to the hype, but I had to try it for myself. Being a woman of colour, many many bronzers just don't do much for my skin. I have this in the third darkest shade (Guerlain have you covered ladies, no matter your skin tone) and it works really nicely with my skin tone. Like, there is actually colour pay off. Sometimes, foundation can leave your skin looking flat and I love that bronzer can bring it back. It adds that natural healthy bronzed glow back to your skin. Definitely, must for a summer face. I mean can you really create a summer look without bronzer, didn't think so?

It also works really well as a one wash, all over lid colour. For that minimal, I have just woken up looking like this summer look.

best bronzers for black people for dark skin tones woc

mac elizabeth arden summer bronze transitional haul


Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara*:
I am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara, blame my short straight lashes. I thought I would give this Elizabeth Arden one a try. It a slim brush, which works well for getting right in there and coating all the lashes. I love that it leaves you with super dark lashes, I just like that look. It also contains ingredients (Ceramide Triple Complex and Keravis) to help revitalise and strengthen the lashes, which I am very much into. I will definitely report back if I see a change in my lashes.

My go to base for a light summer makeup is definitely is the Makeup Forever HD Teint Foundation. Let's get this out of the way, it's not the more known HD full coverage foundation. Meet its lightweight sister. The perfect foundation if you are into something that feels lightweight but still has some coverage. I have done a full review here, so check that out. As I have kept the whole look super laid back and bronzy, I feel like that a red lip will be the icing on the cake. My trusty red lip is the Mac Ruby Woo, it's red, it' matte, it's long lasting and doesn't require much maintenance (in comparison to other red lipsticks I have tried), what more do you need?

Let me know what beauty products you have been hauling.

Zeynab x

*products were kindly sent to me by Fragrance Direct to review, all wording an opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment