5 July 2017

THE NOUVEAU LASH EXTENSIONS EXPERIENCE


If you follow me on Instagram, which you should be doing so (not force, kidding not kidding) you already probably know that a week ago I got some lash extensions. I am obsessed with longer lashes, mine are pathetic so short and straight, makes me want to cry if I am being honest. When I got the opportunity to get my lashes done with the lovely team at Nouveau, I couldn't refuse.

I had the extended individual lash extension*, which is having individual lashes applied to the lashes line and they last up to eight weeks, cool right? I had mine done at Aenea Salon in Clapham. They were so lovely at the salon, it was all very quick and fuss free. The very sweet Ellen applied the lashes and honestly, it was so nice just to take a break and do nothing (well you can't really do anything, you have to lie still for 90 minutes). I told her, I wanted to go for something that was very natural but still made people notice that I have lashes, killer lashes. I was left with  fluttery lashes that tapered towards the outer half my eyes, which had made my eyes looked wider and more awake. I have never received as many compliments on my lashes EVER, strangers were stopping to ask what mascara I was wearing. I love them!



I was really apprehensive that they would look overly fake and feel uncomfortable but that's not the case at all. The lashes are super lightweight and I hardly feel them. It has been great waking up with lashes that look amazing and you know me any excuse to have that extra time in bed. The best thing, is that I don't have to wear mascara. However, next I would definitely go for a fuller look I miss having dark black lashes. I will most definitely be getting them again because I am hooked. There is no way I am going back to the short lash life.

The maintenance hasn't been too hard but lashes aren't the easiest to maintain, you are not allowed to get the wet for the first 24 hours which was hard and I was set off with a list of dos and don'ts. I have been using the Nouveau Lash & Brow Conditioning serum to keep them sealed in and to condition my lashes. To clean, I have been staying away from oil based cleansers and using a Q-tip to clean them gently (but I am not the most gentle of person and that saw some of the lashes fall off).

Let me know if you have ever gotten lash extensions and what you think about them.



Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment