26 July 2017

SPF FOR ALL SKIN TYPES FOR ALL YEAR ROUND


I put my hands up, I haven't always been the most committed SPF wearer. Let me explain, one it leaves this horrible horrible white cast and two my skin is super reactive and SPF is infamous for causing a breakout. It was only a few years ago, on holiday where I burned really badly that I started to religiously apply SPF every day all year round.

Sun protection awareness is definitely not where is was years ago, it's on everyone's radar. SPF this season's number one beauty essential comes in several forms and has most definitely come a long way in that you find SPF mists, oils, sticks, balms and the more traditional lotions. There is definitely no excuse and no exception for not wearing sun protection.

What is SPF? 
SPF stands for Sun Protective Factor, and the number tells you the length of time you can stay out in the sun without getting burned.

Why do we need SPF?
The sun radiates two kinds of rays, UVA rays, which penetrate deep into the skin layers and UVB rays which burn the superficial layers of the skin. SPF protects the skin against premature and skin cancer which is a result of sun damage. SPF works by blocking sun rays, decreasing the risk of skin cancer and the ageing of the skin.

Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30:
I love Murad skincare in general, definitely a brand that takes skincare seriously. The fact this SPF doubles up as a primer makes a winner in my book. The clear velvety gel like consistency is lightweight and easily absorbed. It uses a 'soft-focus complex', which aims to smooth and blur imperfections creating a perfect canvas for makeup. I have definitely noticed that makeup sits nicer on my skin, and also the most impressively my makeup wears better and still looks pretty great at the end of the night. As someone that breakouts very very easily, I had no problems in that department with this SPF. The perfect sunscreen for everyday protection for every skin type.

no white cast best spf for all skin types

Decleor Hydra Floral Anti-Pollution Hydrating Fluid SPF 30:
This weightless luxurious formula is designed to counteract the damages of pollution and stress, by protecting and hydrating the skin. It absorbs quickly, leaving your skin feeling moisturised without feeling greasy. It contains hyaluronic acid, which works to retain more moisturise within the skin. Leaving your skin looking more plump and hydrated. It boosts both UVB and UVA protection against the harmful sun rays. This is the perfect way to introduce SPF into your routine, the fact that it doubles up as a moisturiser means that there is no need to add an extra step to your routine - win win

Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturiser Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30:
This one of my first ventures into the Perricone MD brand. This tinted moisturiser encompasses formulations and textures designed for all skin types but the fact that it's oil-free makes it perfect for those of us with oily skin. The formula is infused with powerful anti-aging and antioxidants, which work to reduce the appearance of imperfections caused by sun damage. The fact that it's tinted means there's no white cast making it perfect for those lazy days. The texture is uber luxurious and smooth, feels really nice on the skin.


Murray City Skin Age Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50:
I tend to stay away from heavy SPF, I wouldn't go near an SPF 50 a couple of years ago. Around the beginning o June, I went to Dubai and boy was it boiling hot (but very beautiful, check out my Instagram for the photos). I mean it got to 46 degrees while I was there. And not once did I burn, well actually there was one day and on that day I forgot to apply this Murad SPF I took away with me. This Murad offering is the opposite to what you would think it would be like, it has a thin lightweight consistency that easily blends into the skin leaving no white cast or greasy residue. The formula has a peach tint, which serves to offer colour correcting properties. With added Vitamin C that works to brighten the skin. The formula, is a 100% broad spectrum PA+++++ and SPF 50 that protect the skin against both UVA and UVB rays, and also infrared radiation and blue light from electric devices. I would totally recommend this SPF, I don't think I have felt as passionately about a SPF as I do this one.

I have been converted to the proper sun protecting ways. Let me know what your favourite SPF are.

Zeynab x

P.S Before I let you go, I just wanted to let you know that I have a new post schedule. I will be putting a new post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will see you back on Friday for a new post :)

No comments :

Post a Comment