20 June 2017

THE BEAUTY TRAVEL ESSENTIALS THAT I AWAY WITH ME EVERY TIME


This time last week, I was melting in the scorching Dubai heat. It was 45 degrees, I love summer and warm weather but that too much. Even though, I hardly felt like wearing any makeup I always take the essentials with me - for you know those just in case situations.

I didn't take any foundation because I don't like the feeling of it on my skin in the heat. But I did take this Revlon ColourStay concealer, which is pretty heavy duty stuff without it being so heavy on the skin. This is one of the only concealers from the highstreet that is a good colour match for me. I would apply the concealer, where I needed it and then just buff out towards the other areas of my skin. I found that worked really well, I am sure I will be continuing this little method all summer long. I also took the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream, I love the way this makes my skin look. It creates a smooth and dewy base for my makeup to sit on. I will admit, this cream is quite heavy and not the best for hot weather. Unless you have really dry skin. The flying and the change in weather really messed around with my skin and I had loads of dry patches everywhere.

I am not much of a powder girl, but the MAC Skin Mineralize Powder is one of the best powders if you don't like that ultra matte powdered look. My T-zone was hella oily -  TMI. This one of the best decisions I made, I was constantly powdering but this powder layered beautifully. I didn't once look cakey. It just left my skin looking good and I love that it gave me some coverage so on some days I would just put this on and I would be good to go.


I have to be honest, I took a little more than just two lip products - it's my weakness, I just love lipsticks. My current favourite everyday colour is this Smashbox offering in the shade Topshelf. It's such an easy shade to wear and it compliments every look. I could have just gotten away with taking just this lipstick, I have featured a swatch here. I love the Clarins Instant Lip Perfectors, this orange shade is one of two new shades. Orange toned lip colours really suit me (at least in my eyes, I pray they that actually do). If you are little apprehensive to wear an orange shade, this is definitely the way to go. It leaves you with a light wash of colour, and I am really liking a more glossy finish. One of the best lip glosses, decent colour pay off, nice glossy finish without it being sticky.



I took a gamble and took the new Lancome Monsieur Big* away with me. I have really straight short lashes and I am still looking for the perfect mascara. This mascara is great if you have decent lashes. It gives loads and loads of volume without that clumpy look. For me, this would be a great mascara to layer with to give me some extra volume. For brows, I took my trusty Collection Eyebrow Kit . I am not the best at doing brows, but this seriously makes it easy and leaves me decent looking brows.




I was most excited to take this Sleek Luminescent Distorted Dreams Highlighting Palette*. How pretty? This palette has 5 different shades with a combination of powder and cream finishes. Typically, I wouldn't reach for this palette because it's more on the cool side and that doesn't work with my skin colouring. Surprisingly, I love it! I have used it on my lids to create glossy eyelid look, which I am really into at the moment. Sleek highlighting palettes are definitely my favourite from the high street. I also took the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar. Can you tell, I love orange tones. This is such a nice product to use in the summer. It leaves a nice colour and glow to the skin, everyone loves a good glow right?

Let me know what you took with you on holiday.

Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment