2 April 2016

SPRING GET READY WITH ME

shimmer brick nectarine zoella spring look

You might not be able to tell by the weather but it's actually Spring (side note this is one of my favourite emojis). I am most definitely a warmer weather kinda person, something about the warm beaming sunshine that alludes happiness (let me know in the comments if it's the same for you). As we are transiting into spring, the content of my makeup bag has undergone a slight change. As much as I like the light pretty pastels, it's something I can't pull off. For me, a spring look is about looking fresh and dewy - I love dewy all year round.

To prep the skin, I have been reaching for the Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator in peach. It's not a primer essentially but I find that it creates a smooth base for the makeup to go onto, also it leaves the skin with an all over luminous glow. Indisputable most morning, I am in a rush to get out of the house so this step means that I miss out the highlighter step. Which, is especially good when I am going to work as I want something that is more natural. I recently picked up the NYX Concealer Wand, so far so good. The consistency is thick and creamy and its super pigmented but it doesn't look heavy or crease. A little definitely goes a long way with this concealer and it's a perfect colour match for me. To brighten underneath my eyes, I use the MAC Select Cover Concealer, it's incredibly lightweight and it feels so comfortable. For foundation, I have returned to an old favourite the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. Undeniably one of my favourite foundations, the application is effortlessly smooth and despite the name it has really good coverage. It looks undetectable on the skin, a very natural finish and also feels lightweight and that is one of the main reasons I tend to reach for this foundation (no one wants to be wearing a heavy base during the blazing heat, I know we never get that in the UK but you never know).

I adore the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, I have nectarine it's a pretty coral blush slash highlighter. How gorgeous does it look? Applied with a light hand it leaves a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL sheen of colour. I love how orange tones look against my skin, I think it really suits darker skin tones.

makeup look spring get ready with me


I am still quite minimal when it comes to my eyes. I have been really into doing a light wash of the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick By Kate in Rose Gold over my lids. It's a really pretty on the eyes and it's a dream to apply goes on really easily. Plus it creates the illusional of hardwork with minimal effort. For brows, I have been testing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brown DipBrow Pomade. And it's ok I wanted to see what the hype was about for myself. I am an eyebrow noob and luckily I have been blessed with good brows, so I don't really have to do much with them. I don't think this is the easiest product to use but it does give you fleeky (OMG I didn't just say this and in public) looking brows. To set them in place, I have been using the Loreal Perfection Brow Artist Plumper which is one of the best gels on the highstreet. Doesn't leave your brows crispy and sets them in place for the whole day. Most days, I use this alone just to set my brows and give them some colour.

To finish off the look, I have been really into the Lancome Hypnose Mascara. I go through phases  of loving and then really disliking this mascara. It gives a really natural looking lashes and some volume without making my lashes clump. The cherry on top, I love love the NYX Soft Matte Cream in San Juan. Which is a pretty orange toned nude almost. These are so comfortable to wear, you wouldn't even realise that it's a matte formula. You have to go out and get these, there is large colour range so you will most definitely find something you like!

There you have a my go to spring look, let me know what your spring time favourites. Any excuse to buy new makeup products.

Zeynab x

No comments :

Post a Comment