3 September 2015

BEAUTY EDIT: AUTUMN BEAUTY MOVEMENT

bold eyeliner red berry lip

After a season of taking a very laid back approach to my makeup routine (cos actually keeping it on your face is too much of a hassle). I am quite excited for the new Autumn beauty trends. As much as I enjoy seeing very creative makeup looks on the runways, they are little extreme for everyday wear. However for this Autumn/Winter the runway beauty was extremely normalised and super wearable. I love it when runway beauty takes this route, I feel like it creates this connectivity with high fashion and beauty that us mere mortals can pull off.  The brief for this Autumn is all about this perfected yet very natural complexion with flush of colour on the cheeks. There is room for creativity when in comes to lips and eyeliner. 

Base:
I feel like in Autumn/Winter people (well maybe it's just me) go slightly mad with makeup especially the base. It's much easier to go down this route because you don't have the hassle off the heat and you can be pretty certain that your makeup is gonna last longer than 5 minutes. A lot of runway beauty looks sported a very natural complexion. Natural doesn't necessarily mean no coverage because I for certainly couldn't get away with that look, definitely have a multiplied of sins to cover. I feel like the vibe they were going for was a perfected (perfected seems a little strong but for the life of me couldn't think of the right word) yet almost bare faced complexion, which of course is easily achievable right? If I can create that look on my face then everyone and their pets can (see how highly I rate myself). My weapons of choice in an attempt to create this look, I go for a solid foundation (something like the Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation) they have high coverage but blend seamless into the skin giving you a look which is natural but feels lightweight. Also a beauty sponge, these little miracle sponges definitely make a HUGE difference in the finished look. The trick is to pat literally pat the foundation onto your skin, I know it's long but the finished look is flawless! Concealing and powdering should be kept to a minimum, because they tend to makeup your makeup look much heavy and fuller. 

Get the Look:

Cheeks:
Harpers Bazaar Ralph Lauren
Contouring and bronzer are definitely taken a step back this season, ( I was never great a contouring, I for one I am pretty glad about this direction) this Autumn is all about a natural peachy and rose flush. The aim is to go for a natural matte blush colour, which creates a flush of colour that almost looks like it was induced by the cold weather.

Get the Look: 
Delilah Colour Blush, Kevyn Aucoin Pure Powder Glow,  Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour

Eyes:
I have this love-hate relationship with black eyeliner. I think it looks amazing on everyone else, as soon I attempt the simple cat flick, it just looks off. You would think I have nothing better to do with my time, if you knew exactly how long I have spent in front of the mirror attempting to pull eyeliner and it just doesn't work (I am never gonna look like Alexa Chung, literally in tears). Just my luck that black eye liner is making a big come back this season (can we call it a come back, it actually never went away). We didn't only see the traditional simple black liner look, there was hundreds and hundreds of different dramatic and some not so dramatic black eyeliner looks ( some did resemble scribbles). Who would have though, you could create so much looks with the mere black eyeliner. Some of the looks were a little crazy and I don't know how well they would translate into normal life but I think the trick with black eyeliner is finding a line that works for you (like Alexa Chung has done), cat flick just doesn't look right on me, I have to find a different style.

Get the Look:
Shu Uemura Calligraphy Pen, L'Oreal Paris Super Liner, Estee Lauder Automatic Eye pencil Duo

Harpers Bazaar, left Fendi, right Chanel
Harper Bazaar, left to right MSGM, Dolce & Gabbana, Marchesa

Lips:
I don't know why but I am always more adventurous with my lipstick during the colder months, and the runway show cased a whole range of reds, purples and plums. I am really excited, lipstick excites me more than it should (it brings so much joy to life, is that kinda sad)? I work in a more professional setting and I don't think a dark bold purple would actually do go down well with my employers. If like me you are in a similar situation, definitely go for more a stained look. This looks extremely well with the more deeper colours.

Get the Look:
Topshop Beauty Lips,  Guerlain Rouge G Le Brilliant , Estee Lauder pure Colour Vivid Shine Lipsticks, Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick

This post took me a while to write (3 days), I hope that you like it and find it useful. Please don't take it as a guide, it's sort of look at the makeup trends that were popular on the runway that we can easily recreate at home.

Let me know what your favourite Autumnal beauty trends are.

Zeynab x

P.S some more good stuff check out some of my favourite bold lipsticks.

No comments :

Post a Comment