7 August 2015

LIFE GOALS: MID YEAR CHECK IN

new you how to keep good habits

Aaaaaah !!! Where has the time gone? I can't believe it's August (July just flew by) and officially half the year has gone by. So at the beginning of the year, I made a little list of things I want to do this year and I wanted to do a little check in and see what I have done so far and what I haven't. I thought it would be a good idea to post about because, that way it would feel real and push me to get my act together. 2015 has been pretty good so far but it's just going by so fast, OMG summer is nearly over (in tears).

So my original list looked a little like this (check out the post here)

1. Learn a new language, I have always wanted to learn to speak Spanish and I have started and then stopped. But this year I am really going to do, this this time next year I should be able to converse in Spanish even if it sounds horrible.

I am still learning and taking classes, it's really good that I have stuck to it and hopefully by the end of the year I should be really good. This is the one, I really wanted to accomplish.

2. Travel more, there are so many places that I want to visit and 2015 is the year to do it.

I feel like I need to do more, but I have been to Spain so far this year. I really want to go to Greece it looks beautiful and Mexico.

3. Make more intentions, at the moment I feel like I am just floating through life. I need purpose and I need to do things with intentions.

I making more of conscious effort to make intentions, instead of not just going in blindly. I definitely need to be more aware of this one. 

4. Put more effort into everything I do. I do some effort into whatever I am doing but I don't think I put everything I have maybe it's unconscious thing but I need to because I know I can do better.

I haven't been the best at this but I am getting there, just gonna leave it there.

5. Learn how to use my camera in manual mode, I recently got the Nikon D7000 thinking that instantly my photos were going to be oh so dreamy but that's not the case. Also it's not one of the easier cameras to get on with especially for beginners but I am determined to get there.

I am finding it so hard, urgh !! I am practicing more and more. I am taking a little over the summer, so I can get professional help, hopeful I will be just using manual mode from now on (fingers crossed)

6. Say yes more, get out of my comfort zone.

This I am really bad at, I am trying really really really hard and I have said yes to a bunch things. But I am still afraid, I know it sounds stupid but I keep second guessing myself. I need to have more self belief and stop over thinking everything.

7. Take a calligraphy class, I have been meaning to do this for a while now.

I totally forgot about this one, need to get on this ASAP.

8. Take care of my body, I have to be get more serious about my eating and exercise.

I am working on this, I am doing a fitness program at the moment (I am not made for exercise).

9. Read more, I used to love to read and I would read all the time. I am aiming to read around 2-4 books every month.

Definitely got this one down, I have done loads of reading this summer. Leave some book recommendations.

10. There is so much to learn, and I feel like there is so much that I don't know about. So this year, I am going to attempt to learn as much information as I can, maybe go on a course.

So I haven't taken the course, on the other hand I have been doing loads of reading on different subjects and listening to podcasts to broaden my knowledge. 

11. Believe in myself and my abilities more.

Need to work on this :(

12. Learn to swim, I know but I have a ridiculous phobia of being the water.

Taking swimming lessons as we speak (well not speak well you know), and I am getting there not so afraid of the water anymore.

13. Be a little selfish, I have big problem saying no to people I am a people pleaser.

I feel so bad when I do this but at least I can focus on myself more (that sounds bad).

14. Bake more, I love love baking and I am seriously getting into it now.


I have done loads and loads of baking. I am probably going to do much more now that Bake Off (super excited) is about to start and healthy eating is gonna go right out the window.

15. Try really hard to think before I speak. I am really really bad at this, I am always letting things slip without thinking about it first and then I regret it.

I really think I have gotten so much better at this. Who would have thought that it's actually quite difficult to think before you speak, especially when you are with someone that feel comfortable with I just blurt things out and I am not doing that as much. 

If you made a list, this is such a great idea. it's a great way to remind yourself of what you wanted to do and what you need to do. Some of these thing I forgot about until I actually sat down and thought about it. Let me know if you have been keeping on track of your New Year resolutions. 

Zeynab x

Make sure you are following me on Bloglovin, to keep up with all my posts :) 


                                  

No comments :

Post a Comment