24 March 2015

Drugstore Beauty Haul

I picked up a couple of products from the drugstore. I have been trying to limit my spending on beauty products but I just fancied trying out a couple of new things. The drugstore has some pretty good new releases and there were just so many products I want to try but I managed to reel it in and have some control.

Revlon PhotoReady Skinlight Face Illuminator in Peach Light: 
I have heard so many good things about this product, I thought it was about time I picked it up since I am all about the dewy look. I have only swatched on my hands, but I love how thin and light the consistency is. It makes it really easy to mix with your foundation or whatever base you are using. There was 4 variations, I picked up the peach shade which is a golden peachy shimmer without all the chunky pieces. I can't wait to use it on my face.

Collection Work The colour Nail in Lilac Daze & Peacock Green:
I have been looking for a light lilac nail polish for a while and I saw this nail polish and it looked like it might fit the bill. I did read beforehand that these nail polish were great quality and they are so affordable. I have tried them and they are pretty decent, I only needed two coats and it lasted pretty well. How pretty is the green colour? I haven't wore it yet but I am very excited (as excited as you can be about nail polish).

MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Murano: 
I love a cream blush especially for when the weather is a warmer, I think it just looks nicer on the skin. I picked up this one from Maxfactor because Anna from Vivannadoesmakep raves about this product. It has good pigmentation and it's really easy to blend and I didn't find that it set too fast. I think it's such a pretty colour and I will definitely be reaching for it loads this Spring/Summer.


MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush in Gorgeous Berries:
I went into Boots, to check out these blushers. They look so much like the Hourglass Ambient Lightening Blushers, and they are gorgeous so it would nice to find something that is a little more affordable. I didn't really like the colours that were available in the range, but this one stood out to me. I think this colour would look really nice with my skin tone, and it's just so pretty. They have good pigmentation, they feel light on the skin and don't look cakey what so ever. There is some shimmer, but it's so fine and just leaves your skin with a light reflecting sheen.

MaxFactor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadows in Bronze:
This is turning out to be a little MaxFactor haul, I think they had three for two deal on or something. I picked up this beautiful bronze eyeshadow, I am not one for complicated eyeshadow looks. This cream eyeshadow seemed like it would right up street, one product does it all type perfect for lazy girls. I love the colour, it's a darkish rustic brown and it looks so pretty on. It was a tiny tiny bit messy but I find it works really if you just dab it on with your fingers and then blend with a fluffy brush.

Vichy Purete Thermale 3-in-1 Cleanser:
This is one of my favourite cleansers and as my skin wasn't looking too great I thought it was about time I made a repurchase. I spoken about this product in more detail here, check it out because it's amazing.

Sanctuary Spa Therapist Secret Facial Oil:
I love using a oil as part of night time routine, and I run out of the current one I was using. I picked this one up on whim, I haven't heard anyone really talk about it, I think I remember Lisa Eldridge mention it before (not sure though) but anyways I thought my skin couldn't get any worse than it is at the moment. I have only used it twice, so far so good no bad reactions and its really light so it sinks into the skin almost immediately. I will report back in a future post.

And that's it for my little beauty haul.This is the first haul I have featured on my blog (I know), I was little unsure on hauls cos I think they don't translate as well on blog posts  but you let me know what you think.

Zeynab x
                                         

4 comments :

  1. I love Sanctuary products, and I've wanted to try their oil for so long, but my face is very blemish prone and I'm a bit too nervous! The two nail polishes look lovely colours, particularly the lilac one. The Vichy cleanser sounds great too. I love reading haul posts, I think I enjoy reading them more than I do watching them - and they're a lot easier to reference if you're out shopping and haven't made a list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have the face illuminator in Pink Light and it's incredible! Last year I used it as a highlighter, but the last couple of months I'm mixing it with my foundation for a dewy finish, it's just the best! I also have the cream blush in Soft Candy which is lovely for spring time!
    I can't wait to try the new blushes too! :D <3

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to pick up blush in soft pink that was such a pretty colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you that is good to know, I will do some more in the future. I the oil hasn't broke me out yet.x

    ReplyDelete