18 February 2015

Social Media Detox

Image Source
The first thing I reach for when I wake up is my phone and the last thing I am on at night is my phone, you could say I am permanently attached to my phone. Maybe I should called this post mobile  phone detox, I spend way too much time on my phone. Now that I am a blogger, my excuse for being on my phone and social media constantly is because it's part of my job as a blogger. I don't even want to know exactly how time I spend on my phone, it's just scary thinking about it.

As part of my 2015 goals, I have been trying to be a lot more productive and focused (check out what else is my 2015 goal list here) and the time spent on my phone is actually taking away from that. Imagine all the things I could actually be doing with my time, instead of spending god knows how long scrolling endless through Instagram (oh I do love a bit Instagram). I have come up with a few ways I could, limit the time I spend on my phone throughout my day and hopefully I will stick to these 'rules'.

1. Keep my phone far far away from me at bedtime. I usually go to bed at around 10pm when I am going to work but I don't go to sleep until much later because I am on phone and time just flies by. I gonna have to get my old alarm clock out because one of the reasons I have my phone close by is for the alarm (otherwise I wouldn't wake up). It's really hard but I have just been leaving my phone in the living room or on the other side of my bedroom. So far so good at least I am not bringing my phone to bed. 

2. As I have been leaving my phone well away from my bed, it's not the first thing I reach for in the mornings. This one I love because I have so much more time in the mornings and I can actually have breakfast. I feel just much more ready for the day and less tired.

3. I am going to limit the time I spend on my phone during the day. I have been trying to do an hour a day, and so far it's been ok but I have spent a little more time on there on some days. So I thought I would split the hour into 15 minutes, 4 times a day maybe that will work better (fingers crossed). I have got a lot more reading done and so much work done as well , who knew I could get so much done (I am just amazed).

I have been doing this for the last couple of days, and it has been quite hard which sounds ridiculous because it's a just phone and social media. But apparently I am an addict, but I have been strong and sticking to it and as I thought I have so much more time to do other things that I actually have to do or have been wanting to do. How much time do you spend on your phone ?

Zeynab x
                                       

17 comments :

  1. I actually have to have my phone further from the bed - it makes me roll out in the mornings just to turn the alarm off, otherwise I'd go back to sleep immediately :)

    xx, Marta / martberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started leaving my phone in another room, and I've found I'm getting to sleep much quicker! I've also given up Facebook for Lent, which was the app I used most so hopefully that will limit my phone time! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think i could leave my phone in another room but i might give it a go x

    https://catwalksandcoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think I could do it but I have done so I am sure you will be able to also.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I am glad that it is working for you, I rarely ever go on Facebook so that would be really easy for me to give up but good luck let me know how you get on.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good idea, I always keep my alarm quite far away from me as well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. I don't really pay attention to how much time I spend on my phone but I bet it's loads more than I realise. I like the idea of not having it next to me when I sleep, I bet that makes a huge difference

    Jenn

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much difference, i used to waste so much sleep time on my phone x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to take note of this! My phone is my alarm so it's always by my bed but I spend so much time on it and I think my sleep is worse as a result! Great post

    Milli xx

    Artsandgraces.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think so many people would benefit from doing this we don't realise how attached we've got to mobile technology

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so difficult right? I've really struggled to cut down on my phone usage! I've found it easier to just have a completely phone free day or weekend to give myself some detox time! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaah, I totally need to do this! I'm so bad for playing with my phone ALL DAY long, people even laugh at me for it. It's so addictive. Great tips, I'm going to give them a go.

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    p.s - Thanks for linking up to the Lifestyle Linkup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phones can be so addictive, they take up so much of your time it's unbelievable. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow a whole day with my phone, I don't know if I could do it (that is really bad). x

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's really bad, and so many young people it's so crazy. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. My phone is terrible for my sleep, even when I am really tired I will be on my phone for so long at night it's crazy. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's bad, you never know how bad until you stop and take notice. x

    ReplyDelete