1 March 2015

Product Review: Philosophy Divine Illumination

highlighter product review



Hi guys,
I love a good highlighter but I find it slightly hard to find one that suits my skin colouring because they are often too pinky or look slivery which doesn't look right with my yellow skin. I didn't know Philosophy did makeup and since discovering their highlighter powder I am definitely gonna be checking their makeup range.

highlighter swatches I picked this Philosophy Divine Satin- Finish Illuminating Powder from Tkmaxx and I am so glad I did because I haven't reached for anything else. The Philosophy highlighter is a super buttery ( absolutely super super soft) and sheer highlighting powder which can be used all over the face as a finishing product to blur imperfection and achieve that photoshoped flawless finish. I personally don't use it as a finishing powder because I think the shade is slightly too dark (I think there is around 4 different shades not too sure) for my skin but as a typical highlighter it works beautifully to accentuate my cheekbones and the areas of my face where the light would naturally hit it.

It's a beautiful golden champagne colour, which I think would work on all different skin tone but especially more on those with more tanned or darker skin. The shimmer is not chunky and it doesn't contain any thick glitter pieces, so you won't end up looking like a disco ball. Even thought it doesn't have large pieces of glitter or shimmer, it is highly pigmented and it creates a beautiful noticeable glow.  The powder is finely milled and so doesn't feel heavy on the skin and applies beautifully.  If you are able to get your hands on this product, I would definitely recommend it's a beautiful highlighting powder. I think it's sold out online but check in your local Tkmaxx, it might be there. Check out what other highlighting products I use to create a dewy finish here.

What is your current favourite highlighter?

Zeynab x
 

4 comments :

  1. This looks AWESOME! I love the ELF Shimmer Palette for highlighting during the summer months but I'll have to look into this! So glad I found you through the #bblogger chat today! I'm following on Bloglovin'!

    lovelaceybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie !! Ooh I might have to check out that ELF shimmer palette I love highlighter its my favourite thing.
      xx

      Delete